Discovered Components pane
After you run a discovery, you can use the Discovered Components pane to view a list of discovered components and launch views with more detailed information about the components.
Using the Discovered Components pane, you can do the following tasks:
- Find a configuration item (CI) by navigating to it through the Inventory Summary link or the Custom Query link.
- Find a CI by typing all or some of the name in the Filter field. CIs, within the current category, that contain the filtered text are displayed. You cannot use wildcard symbols as part of the filter text.
- Page forwards or backwards through the list of displayed CIs. You can also specify the number of a particular page to display and configure the number of CIs to display in each page.
- Click the name of a CI to display information about it in the Details pane.
- Select the check box beside the CI name to select the CI. You can select one or more CI at a time.
- Select an action from the Actions list to perform an action on one or more selected CI.
- Click Cart to add selected CIs to the cart. By adding CIs to the cart, you can perform actions on multiple CIs whether they exist in the Inventory Summary hierarchy or are in the Custom Query list.
- Remove one or all CIs from the cart.
- Show dependent components, type of components in the dependent relationship, and see how the components were created.
Note: The icon for some custom servers might not be displayed in the Discovered Components pane.
The Discovered Components pane contains the following information:
- Displays the content of the cart. If the contents of the cart is currently being displayed, it returns to the discovered component view.
- If one or more CI is selected or the cart is not empty, the list
contains valid actions. The actions displayed depends on the number
and type of CI selected or contained in the cart. Some of the following
actions are displayed:
- Add to cart
- Adds the selected CI or CIs to the cart.
- Change History
- Displays a pane for generating a Change History report. A Change History report identifies changes for components over a specified time.
- Compare Across Versions
- Displays a pane where you can generate a report that compares the selected component against previous versions of the same component.
- Compare Components
- Displays a pane where you can compare the selected components with other similar components.
- Deletes the selected CI or CIs.
- Displays the Edit Component window.
- Empty cart
- Empties the cart.
- Displays, using the node centered topology wizard, a graph detailing the dependencies between CIs.
- Merges the selected CIs.
- Rediscovers the selected CI or CIs.
- Remove from cart
- Removes the selected CI or CIs from the cart.
- Show Dependencies
- Displays the Dependencies window.
- Show Details
- Displays detailed information about the selected component in the Details pane.
- Show Inventory Summary
- Displays the inventory summary for selected business applications or collections.
- Show System Connection Topology
- Displays a graphical report of any directly connected computer system.
- Show Topology
- Displays the topology graph.
- Show ci_type Topology
- Displays a specialized topology for a particular CI type.
- Unknown Servers
- Displays a pane where you can view the unknown servers running on the computer system. You can define a custom server based on an unknown server so that it can be discovered.
- Custom Queries
- Contains saved custom queries. You can select one or more CI returned by a custom query.
- Inventory Summary
- Contains CIs, grouped in the following categories:
Note: With data-level security enabled, when you have restricted access to CIs, in the Discovered Components pane you can see only the CIs that you have access to, including business applications and collections.
- App Servers
- Computer Systems
- Custom Servers
- Database Servers
- Messaging Servers
- Network Elements
- Other Servers
- Unknown IPs
- Web Servers
- Displays the first page.
- Displays the previous page.
- Page number field
- You can enter the number of the page you want to display.
- Displays the next page.
- Displays the last page.
- Displays the "Change the page size" window in which you can select the number of CIs to be displayed in each page.