Making an input widget mandatory or non-mandatory
You can make an input widget either mandatory or non-mandatory.
About this task
- Log on to Sterling Store Engagement. The Home page opens.
- From the application header, click
the Development Tools icon , and select Customize from
Alternatively, you can select Customize from Outline. The Select screen to Extend window opens. The list of screens present in the current screen is displayed. For example, if you open the Order Search screen, the tree displays Order Search, Order List Screen, and others present in this screen.From the tree, select the screen that you want to customize, and click Extend Screen.Note:
- If you cannot customize the selected screen, an appropriate message is displayed.
- You cannot use the customize option to customize screens that contain iframes, such as the Print PDF Container screen.
- If multiple instances of the same screen are found, by default, the first instance of the screen is selected for customization.
- Select the screen in which you want to mark an input widget
- After you select a particular screen to modify extensions, you cannot select any other screen. To select another screen, click Close.
- If you cannot modify the input widget, an appropriate message is displayed.
- Click the Layout tab, if necessary.
By default, the Layout tab is selected.
- In the Screen Outline panel, which provides the hierarchical representation of the screen, select the widget that you want to mark as mandatory.
- In the Basic tab, select the Mandatory check
box. If you want to mark an input widget as non-mandatory, clear the Mandatory check box.CAUTION:If you make a mandatory field as non-mandatory, Sterling Store Engagement might not function properly.
- Click Apply to view your changes.
- Click Save to save all your extensions. Note: It is recommended that you refresh or reload the application after you save your extensions.