Adding widgets to an identifier screen
You can add widgets to an identifier screen.
- Log on to Sterling Store Engagement. The home page opens.
- Go to the screen that you want to customize.
- From the application header, click the Development Tools icon , and select Customize.
- Select the identifier screen that you want to customize.
- Drag a widget from the Widget Palette or Widget
Repository Outline panel, to the appropriate position in
the Identifier Outline panel. You can add widgets
from the Widget Palette to the Widget
Repository Outline as well, so that they can be referenced
in the Identifier Outline panel. Similarly, you
can add multiple widgets.
While you are positioning the selected widget, green color indicates that you can place the widget in the selected position. Red color indicates that you cannot place the widget in the selected position. You can also rearrange widgets by placing the selected widget either before, after, or within a widget.Important:
Table 1. Adding widgets to the Widget Repository Outline or Identifier Outline Widget Type Widget Repository Outline Identifier Outline Field
Example: Radiobutton Set
- You must add field widgets from Widget Palette before they are referenced in Identifier Outline panel.
- You must add field widgets only from the Widget Repository Outline to the Identifier Outline panel.
Example: Content Pane
- You can add container widgets from the Widget PaletteNote: Content Panes must have
- Container widgets cannot have child widgets.
- You can add container widgets from the Widget PaletteNote: Grid widget is not supported.
- Container widgets that are newly added and not referred from the widget repository, can have child widgets.
- Once you complete your customization, click Save to save your extensions to the identifier screen.
- Click Close. Note: After you save the extensions and close the workbench, you must refresh or reload the application to view the changes.