Deprecation notice for Dojo and AngularJS-based Sterling Store Engagement (Legacy)
Why is it deprecated?
AngularJS discontinued their support in January 2022. For more information, see Discontinued long term support for AngularJS.
The security patches for AngularJS will not be released anymore and might result in vulnerabilities. This discontinuation of security patches also impacts the IBM Dojo Extension Toolkit as well. Therefore, IBM will not enhance the Sterling Store Engagement legacy application for SaaS, container, and traditional on premises offerings, which are based on IBM Dojo Extension Toolkit and AngularJS.
With AngularJS having reached the end of support, including stoppage of security patches and product support, the security vulnerability risk profile associated with the product is significant, and requires you to evaluate the risk with your security teams.
- Deprecation - 30 September 2022
- Customers will continue to receive standard support and product fixes until the end of support, which is 30 September 2023. However, no enhancements will be made for the product.
- End of support - 30 September 2023
- After 30 September 2023, guidance and recommendations for issues will be available, but product fixes and enhancements for the IBM Dojo Extension Toolkit and AngularJS-based Sterling Store Engagement legacy application will not be delivered.
- Code removal - 31 March 2025
- After 31 March 2025, product releases will no longer contain the code for the IBM Dojo Extension Toolkit and AngularJS-based Sterling Store Engagement legacy application. This removal of code is applicable only on the SaaS and containers platform.
Impact on users
After the end of support on 30 September 2023, users of the IBM Dojo Extension Toolkit and AngularJS-based Sterling Store Engagement application will no longer receive updates, security fixes, and product enhancements.
Transitioning to the Sterling Store Engagement next-generation application
As part of the significant update to the product, IBM introduced the Sterling Store Engagement next-generation application that is based on the Angular technology. The SaaS, containers, and traditional on-premises customers must transition to the new Angular-based Sterling Store Engagement next-generation application.
To minimize any business disruptions, and smoothly transition to the Angular-based Sterling Store Engagement next-generation application, see Transitioning from Sterling Store Engagement (Legacy).
You must transition to the Sterling Store Engagement next-generation application. This new version is available for all SaaS, containers, and traditional on-premises customers.
During the transition period, support, engineering, and product management teams are available to address your questions or concerns. You can contact your Customer Success Manager or see the IBM Support Guide for assistance.
Communication channels and feedback
For updates and announcements for this deprecation, see Archived what's new. You can subscribe to notifications to keep up to date with the latest updates about this product or any other IBM product. For more information, see Stay up to date with My Notifications.