Files required to create an identifier screen
This topic lists the files needed to create an identifier screen.
HTMLfiles: These files are present in the
templatesfolder. It contains a hierarchical representation of the widgets on the UI.
<screen_name>.jsfiles: Define the behavior logic for the screen.
jsfiles: Contain information about the
In addition to the files required for a normal screen, an identifier
screen requires an
ExtnIdentifier XML file.
The HTML files for the variants of an identifier screen are placed
in separate folders, each corresponding to an unique identifier, inside
- Base or widget repository HTML file
- This file contains widgets that are common to all identifiers or UI variants of an identifier screen.
- This file contains a flat list of all the form widgets that are
used in an identifier screen and the
ContentPanecontainer widget defined with repeating binding.
- The Array or Object properties like widget binding must be defined in this file for a widget as they cannot be defined in the identifier HTMLs. An identifier screen refers to the widgets defined in this HTML and consequently their properties.
- Identifier or layout HTML files
- These HTML files contain the final UI that is displayed on the browser. In this file, the widgets are arranged in the required hierarchical manner.
- Form widgets can not be directly created here. They must be referred
from the widget repository HTML file. However, new layout widgets
TitlePanescan be added to group the form widgets.
- In this HTML, widgets use an unique identifier to refer to the widgets defined in the widget repository. When an identifier screen loads in the browser, the UI that corresponds to the unique identifier is resolved and displayed.
- All properties of widget repository are applicable to an identifier screen by default. Additionally, simple properties (number, boolean, string) such as hide and label can be overridden at the identifier level. The properties directly defined for an identifier take precedence over properties referred from the widget repository.