Adding an identifier screen to the application
After creating an identifier screen, you can add it to the application using the Extensibility Workbench.
- Log on to Sterling Store Engagement. The home page opens.
- Go to the parent screen where you want to add the identifier screen.
- From the application header, click the Development Tools icon , and select Customize.
- Drag a widget from the Widget Palette to the appropriate position in the Widget Repository Outline panel.
- Enter the following properties:
- Unique identifier: This is populated by default. You can use the
default value or use a different value. But the value must begin with
- Package name: The package that contains the identifier screen.
- Class name: This is the screen name. Example:
- Identifier query: It is the namespace and path to the attribute
on the parent screen's model, that contains information about the
identifier to be used. For example, Consider the Customer Pickup screen,
the address information is displayed based on the Identifier Query
property. For example, if the Identifier Query is
Address:PersonInfo.Country, the data is present on Address namespace on
PersonInfoelement which in turn contains the Country attribute that is used to determine the address format to be displayed. The Identifier Query can be changed while defining the binding or mapping for the screen. However, you must ensure that the data is present in the
- Unique identifier: This is populated by default. You can use the default value or use a different value. But the value must begin with
- Drag the widget from the Widget Repository Outline to the appropriate position in the Identifier Outline panel.
- Click Save to save your changes.
- Click Close. Note: After you save the changes and close the workbench, you must refresh or reload the application to view the changes.