Picking products in Store Inventory Management (SIM)-disabled stores
You can perform shipment-based backroom pick in stores that have Store Inventory Management (SIM) disabled.
About this task
You can perform shipment-based backroom picking only in stores that have Store Inventory
(SIM) disabled. To disable Store Inventory
Management (SIM), the Store Inventory
Configuration settings in Applications Manager must be set to SIM
not enabled or the
manageOrganizationHierarchy API is called with a
00 for the
StoreInvConfig attribute. For more
information, see Configuring shipment-based backroom pick.
- Log on to Sterling Store Engagement.
- From the application menu, select Order fulfillment.
- Find the order or shipment for which you want to pick products in one of the following
The Pick order page for the order opens.
- Click the In progress, Not started, or
Shipments count. The Pick order list page opens.
Depending on the type of order that you want to pick, locate the order under either the Pick-up or Ship tabs.
Click Pick order or Continue depending on the order status.
- Scan or enter the order or shipment number.
- Click the In progress, Not started, or Shipments count. The Pick order list page opens.
- In the Pick order page, for SKU-tracked products, scan one unit, and
then manually update the quantity for the remaining units in one of the following ways:
- Click + or - to adjust the units picked. Note: To use + or - to adjust the units picked, the
Manually update quantity while pickingresource permission must be enabled.
- Enter the quantity picked, and click to confirm.
- Click + or - to adjust the units picked.
- If there is no inventory or if the inventory is damaged or cannot be picked, click Record shortage, select the reason for the shortage, and click Done.
- When picking is completed, a confirmation message is displayed depending on how the
WSC_BP_STG_REQDrule is set.
WSC_BP_STG_REQD RuleSetValue = N, a confirmation message is displayed.
WSC_BP_STG_REQD RuleSetValue = Y, the Assign staging location window is displayed. Scan any location to complete picking.
- Click Done. The status of the order changes to Ready for customer pickup or Ready for packing depending on the order type.
- Click Close.