Configuring receive inventory
To configure receive inventory, enable appropriate resource permissions and set up bar code types, disposition codes, and locations.
- Resource permissionsEnable the following resource permissions:
- Receive inventory (
Instore Receiving) to receive shipments.
Receive a full shipment without scanning package or productto receive all packages or products in one go.
- Receive inventory (
- Bar code typesConfigure the following bar code types for your store's enterprise:
Store Receive Shipment.Used to scan shipments to receive inventory. The bar code validation source is external source and the validation service is
Scanning the serials for serialised items.The bar code validation source is an external source. Users must configure the validation service.
Inbound Shipment Carton Scm.Used to scan inbound shipment cartons to receive inventory. The bar code validation source is
Inbound Shipment Carton SCM.
Serial Scan.- Used to scan the serial number to remove a product picked using that serial number. The bar code validation source is SIM serial.
Item.- Used to scan serialized and non-serialized products while receiving inventory. The bar code validation sources are:
Serial- The bar code validation source is an external source. Users must configure the validation service.
- Shipment modification rules
Enable the shipment modification rules for purchase and transfer orders in Applications Manager ( ).
- Configure both the PO and TO receipt pipelines such that a receipt can be moved directly from
"Receipt Started" to "Receipt Closed" status. Connect the "Start Receipt" transaction directly to
"Receipt Complete" transaction as shown in the following image.
- The PO and TO shipment pipelines must have a receipt closed status.
For more information about creating pipelines, see Creating a pipeline.
- Configure both the PO and TO receipt pipelines such that a receipt can be moved directly from "Receipt Started" to "Receipt Closed" status. Connect the "Start Receipt" transaction directly to "Receipt Complete" transaction as shown in the following image.
- Configure a receiving discrepancy reason
SHORTof Under Receipt discrepancy type. For more information, see Defining receiving discrepancy reasons.
- Configure the Over Receipt Percentage appropriately. For more information, see Creating a receipt preference.Note: Currently, receipt for unexpected items is not supported. Only the products that are sent in ASN can be additionally received.
Sterling Business Center
- Receiving reasons
To receive the complete shipment at once, configure the receiving reasons appropriately. For more information, see Receiving reasons.
- Disposition codes
Note: The Product Class that is selected for a disposition code is ignored and that on the Shipment Line is used while receiving inventory. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not select the Product Class while configuring the disposition codes. Similarly, do not select the Final Disposition option as it is also ignored while receiving inventory.
- Configure the appropriate disposition codes to receive inbound shipments from a vendor (purchase orders) and from another store (transfer orders). For more information, see Manage disposition codes.
- To record the condition of the cartons in a shipment, configure the default disposition rules appropriately. These disposition codes are used as inventory status while receiving inventory. For more information, see Configuring default disposition rules.
- The disposition code that is configured must be exactly the same as the configured inventory
statuses. When an inventory is received, the status is either the same as the default disposition
code or in the case of damaged, same as the disposition code chosen by the store associate in the
Inventory statuses must be configured using the Map inventory statuses to the "type" field in Inventory Visibility API. If disposition code is not configured as an inventory status, when inventory is received, the supply type of that inventory in Sterling Inventory Visibility will not be correct as it is taken as the disposition code itself.
Store Inventory Management APIs
locations API: Configure locations by using the
locations API with the
DOCK-LOCATION. This will be the receiving location.
This is not required if the store is configured to be single location.