Creating a transfer order by product
You can create transfer orders to transfer inventory of a specific products from one or more locations in a store.
- Log in to Sterling Store Engagement.
- From the application menu, select Inventory management.
- In the More Tasks portlet, click Transfer inventory.
- Click Initiate transfer.
- Scan or enter a SKU. Note:
The Select inventory attributes window is displayed.
- Scanning of serialized products is supported only for identifying the itemID or SKU and not for creating the transfer order.
- With appropriate resource permissions, you can also create a transfer order by location. For more information, see Creating a transfer order by location.
- Select the inventory attributes based on the
Product classthat you want to transfer.
- Click Done. Repeat steps 5, 6, and 7 until you add all the required products.Note:
- You can increase or decrease the number of products by clicking the + or - button or by manually entering the quantity.
- Click Remove to remove a product from the transfer order.
- After you finish adding all products, click Next.
- From the Destination type list, select the type of destination location.
- From the Destination name list, select the name of the destination location.
- Optionally, you can also add a note for the transfer order.
- Click Done.
You can also perform pick, pack, and ship tasks of Transfer Orders. For more information about performing these tasks, see Managing order fulfillment.