Adding products to inventory
You can adjust the inventory of a store by adding products to the inventory.
- Log in to Sterling Store Engagement.
- From the application menu, select Inventory management.
- In the More Tasks portlet, click Lookup inventory.
- Scan the SKU or serial number of the product. You can also search for a
product by using a keyword, if you have a catalog index server set up. Alternatively, you can also click Advanced search to search for a product based on other criteria such as the Product SKU, Inventory status, Location type, or Location.Note: Advanced search, which is by location and location type, is not available for single location stores.
- Click .
- Scan a location or in case of non-serialized products, enter a location. Note: If location scan is not mandatory, that is
IS_LOC_SCAN_MANDATORYis set to N, instead of the scan field, choose the location from Locations list.
- Complete one of the following steps:
- For a serial-tracked product, scan or enter the serial number for all units that you want to add to the location. If you want to remove one or more units of a product that you added, click Remove. Scan the serial number, and click Done.
- For an SKU-tracked product, manually adjust the quantity of the product that you picked.
- From the Inventory status list, select the status of the product that you are adding to the inventory.
- From the Product class list, select the product class of the product.
- From the Segment type list, select the segment type of the product.
- From the Segment list, select the appropriate segment.
- From the Select a reason list, select a reason to add the product to the inventory.
- Click Done.