Setting up polling interval
You can set the polling interval in milliseconds to update the number of alerts assigned to a store associate. Similarly, you can configure the time interval to refresh the manager dashboard as well. You can configure both the intervals only at the enterprise level.
- Perform the following steps to view
store administration rules:
- Log on to Sterling Business Center as a system administrator.
- From the Organization menu, select the organization for which you want to apply the rules.
- Click System Setup. The System Setup home page opens.
- Expand the Store Administration menu. A list of store administration rules is displayed.
- Click Set up Polling Interval. The Polling Interval window opens. You can view and the update the polling intervals specified to refresh alerts and manager dashboard.
- In the Specify alerts polling interval in milliseconds field, enter an appropriate time interval to refresh alerts.
In the Specify manager dashboard refresh interval in milliseconds field,
enter an appropriate time interval to refresh manager dashboard.
Note: It is recommended to set a value of 60000 milliseconds or higher.
Click Save. The changes will affect the interval in which the alerts and
manager dashboard are refreshed.
Note: The alert mechanism makes regular calls to the backend based on the polling interval and hence keeps the session active. This might prevent the session from timing out, if the polling interval is less than the configured session timeout.