You can configure locations in Sterling Store Engagement such that the locations that you have in your store are added to the system.
About this task
You can configure multiple locations that your store uses for staging the products as part of your order fulfillment and inventory management processes. You can also dedicate locations for specific SKUs or inventory of a specific status, such as good, returned, damaged, or returned.
- Log on to Sterling Store Engagement.
- From the application menu, select Configurations.
- Click Add location.
- Enter the location ID.
- Optionally, enter a description for the location and other details such as the zone, aisle #, and bay #.
- Select the location type.
- Optionally, enter a sequence number for the location. The system uses this sequence to determine the priority when assigning source locations for transferring inventory by products.
- Click Done.
- Look up a specific location by using either of the following ways:
- Scan or enter a Location ID.
- Click View to expand the list of locations that are already configured for your store. Click a location to view more details.
- In the View location page, click Edit to edit the details entered while creating the location.
- Click Delete to delete a location
- In the View location page, click Add SKUs or inventory status.
- In the Select SKU or status window, perform either one of these
- To dedicate this location for a specific SKU, scan the product or enter the SKU to look it
up. From the Inventory status list, select the type of inventory. By default,
All is selected.Note: The Create Inventory Dedications Store Inventory Management API supports both SKU and inventory status dedication for a location. But, the UI supports only SKU or inventory status at a time. If you configure both SKU and inventory status by using the Create Inventory Dedications API, only SKU is displayed on the UI.
- To dedicate this location for inventory of a specific status, toggle the Dedicate statuses only switch to the on position and select the inventory status.
- To dedicate this location for a specific SKU, scan the product or enter the SKU to look it up. From the Inventory status list, select the type of inventory. By default, All is selected.
- Click Done.
- Click Close.