This section describes the configurations and initial setup required to implement the solution.
A store associate should have resource permission for the
Order Capture action, to be able
to view the Customer Service portlet and perform order capture.
- An order created by a store associate can contain order lines with delivery methods Pick, Ship and Carry. The order passes through the statuses defined in the pipeline. The order data is passed to the createOrder API and processed by using the Create Draft Order transaction, which moves the order into either of the two intermediate statuses, Draft Order Created or Draft Order Reserved, where most of the order's attributes can still be modified. After the order is ready to be processed, it is confirmed through the Confirm Draft Order transaction. If an order line is marked with delivery method Carry, then the order moves to Carried status. If an order line is not marked with delivery method Carry, then the order moves to next step in the pipeline where it can be scheduled and fulfilled.
- You must create an order entry type called
Store. To allow carry order lines while capturing an order, the
Allow Cash And Carry Linesshould be selected. The
Validate Address On Cross Channel Draft Linesshould always be unchecked, which ensures that the store associate can create draft orders without address. For more information on defining order entry types, see Defining Order Entry Type.
Carriedstatus inventory type is provided out of the box. For information on defining status inventory types, see Defining Status Inventory Type.
- The store associate should have the resource permissions for
Manually update order line quantityaction to manually edit the order line quantity.
- The store associate can remove order lines from a cart only if the
Removemodification type is allowed at the appropriate status and level.
- You can configure the display of order line UOM on the user interface.
To display the product image, you must set the
Show Product Image in Web Store User Interfacerule in Sterling Business Center. For more information, see Setting up product display options.
To set the number of associated products shown for each product, you must set the
Maximum number of associations to show in UIrule in Sterling Business Center. For more information, see Setting up product display options.
yfs.install.displaydoublequantityproperty should be set to
customer_overrides.propertiesfile, if you want to support fractional quantities for attributes which belong to QUANTITY datatype.
In Sterling Business Center, configure the following rules for a variant product:
Note: The data types supported for the attributes are DECIMAL, TEXT, BOOLEAN, and NUMBER. Additionally, reference attributes and derived attributes are supported.
- For a model product, configure the variation classification (for example, shirt), attributes (for example, size and color), and attribute values (for example, Small, Large, Medium, or Red and Blue). When you assign the attribute values, ensure that the combination of values for the child products of a model product are unique.
- Define the model products, child products, and associate the model product with the variation classification.
- Set the sequence of attributes and attribute values. The list of attributes and attribute values are displayed based on the configured sequence of the attributes.
- For configuring attribute images, we should configure the asset type as
ATTR_VAL_IMAGEfor the enterprise. If the asset type is not configured for attribute values, the short description is displayed. For more information, see the Sterling Business Center Product Administration.
- To view images of the products, you must create assets, configure to point to the appropriate images, and associate with the product. For more information, see the Sterling Business Center Product Administration.
- You must configure the attribute groups, attributes, and values for a product. For more information, see the Sterling Business Center Product Administration.
- You must ensure that the following conditions are met to use the model products appropriately:
- A model product is associated with the child products.
- A model product is associated with a classification definition and purpose code as
- A variation attribute contains attribute values.
For more information on defining child products for a model product, see Add an existing item as a child item to a variation item.
- For information about catalog management, see Catalog Management.
- For information about catalog index management, see Catalog Index Management.
- For information about extending a catalog search, see Extending a catalog search.
- Configure the following rules appropriately for real-time inventory availability:
- Compute Availability Information with Ship Dates for Real-Time Availability Monitor
- Use Activity-Based Mode for Real-Time Availability Monitor
- To compute the inventory availability for order lines by using cached inventory, configure the
node-level and group-level inventory monitoring rules appropriately for products. For more
information, see Item Management.
For more information about configuring variation classification, attributes, attribute values, and its sequence, see Sterling Business Center Product Administration.
- You must configure bar code types for your store organization and set up the required services.
The following bar code types are used in the application:
Item for product translations
bar code types must be defined at the node level in the Applications Manager. By default, bar code types are provided for the default organization. When you set up a new enterprise, these bar code types must be created again or copied from the Default organization.
You must enable the
Email Product details resource permission for the store
associates to share the product details with the customer.
YCD_ProductDetails_Emailservice uses the StoreProductDetailsEmail_17_1_multiApi.xsl.sample and StoreProductDetailsEmail_GenerateData_17_1_multiApi.xsl.sample templates.Configure the
YCD_ProductDetails_Emailservice for your email-server in the Applications Manager using the following steps:
- Navigate to the email service using the following path in the Applications Manager:
- Open the Order Fulfillment process type.
- The store associate can change the shipping address only if the
Change Ship Tomodification type is allowed at the appropriate status and level.
- For information about address verification and user exits, see Verify Addresses.
The store associate can change the level of service for a shipping order line only if the
Change Carrier Service Code modification type is allowed at the appropriate status and
Override price configuration
- You must define the price override reasons appropriately. For more information, see Managing price override reasons.
- The store associate should be granted resource permission for the
Gift options configuration
In the store Fulfillment Rules, you can configure the
Allow Gift Wrap rule as required,
for your enterprise.
- Gift Wrap Modification
- Add Instruction
- You must create a charge category to apply coupons to an order. For more information, see Creating a charge category.
- Update the coupon adjustments with valid charge categories. For more information, see Configure pricing organization rules.
- You must update the
Discount Charge Nameof the coupon with the name of the Charge Category for a coupon to be applied in the order capture flow. For more information, see Assigning a pricing rule or coupon.
- The following modification types must be allowed at the required status and level to use coupons
- Change Promotion
- Remove Promotion
- You must create a Bar Code Type and implement the appropriate service for coupon translation.
For the default organization, the bar code type
YCD_Translate_Bar_Code_StoreCouponservice is provided. You must create similar configuration for your store.
- Store fulfillment rules for an enterprise:
- Allow Gift Wrap
- Reserve Product During Order Entry and Order Modification
- Maximum Distance Radius To Consider When Searching for Stores
- Distance Radius To Consider When Searching for Stores
- Distance UOM To Consider When Searching for Stores
- Standard Search Fulfillment Type
- Region Schema To Use For State Selection
- Region Schema To Use For Defaulting City And State From Postal Codes
- Check availability on cart details if number of order lines is less than
Standard Search Fulfillment Typelist is populated in Sterling Business Center based on the Fulfillment Types created as part of sourcing rules in the Applications Manager.
For more information, see Fulfillment Rules.
It is suggested that you consider only nodes of type store while configuring sourcing rules for optimal performance. For more information on sourcing rules, see Sourcing rule determination.
- Payment types
- Payment encryption
For more information about configuring payment types, see Configuring payment types.
For more information about setting up payment encryption, see Setting up payment encryptionThe store associate can modify the payment information on an order if the following modification types are allowed at the required status and level.
- Change Payment Method
- Change Price
Use Enterprise of an Order to Determine Payment Processing Rulesrule is selected, it indicates that payments are processed by using the rules defined at the Enterprise level. However, if this rule is not selected, it indicates that payment rules configured for the seller organization instead of Enterprise organization must be considered for payment processing. Perform the following configurations if this payment rule is not selected:
- Run the
manageOrganizationHierarchyAPI using the API tester to define a payment rule for the seller organization.
- Set the Default Payment Rule for the seller organization using Applications Manager.
- Configure the following rules for the Enterprise organization in Sterling Business Center:
- Enable Payment Card Type Configuration: Select this rule if you want to use Payment Card Types to capture payments instead of Credit Card Types. If you enable this rule, you must also configure the Payment Card Types appropriately.
- Store payment rules:
- Use A Single Field To Enter The Name On The Credit Card In The User Interface
- Authorize Payment Methods In Real Time for Draft Orders
- Run the
manageOrganizationHierarchyAPI to create the Payment Types for the seller organization.
- Run the
manageCommonCodeAPI to create the Credit Card Types for the seller organization.
You can enable or disable
Use Enterprise of an Order to Determine Payment
Processing Rules. For more information, see System payment processing rules.
You can set the
Default Payment Rule for the seller organization. For more information, see Defining seller attributes.
Depending on whether you want to use payment card types or credit card types for capturing payments, you can enable or disable the payment card type configuration. For more information, see Configure financial rules for master order.
You must configure the store payment rules appropriately. For more information, see Configuring store payment rules.
For more information about administering user group permissions, see Administering user group permissions.
For information about configuring order modification types, see Defining modification rules.
For more information about APIs, see Javadoc.