IBM Storage Insights
Getting support, detecting potential and existing problems, and collecting basic information about your inventory of storage systems has never been easier. In IBM® Storage Insights, you can monitor the basic health, status, and performance of storage systems. When problems occur, you can get help to identify and troubleshoot those problems and minimize potential downtime, where and when you need it. To more effectively manage network resources, you can also monitor your inventory of fabrics and switches.
To sign up, go to http://ibm.biz/InsightsReg and apply. An IBM representative will contact you soon to get you started. It's that simple, and it's free, so why wait?
Product support at your finger tips
Detecting and resolving issues in a storage environment is the focus of IBM Storage Insights. It combines storage management capabilities with a simplified yet robust IBM Support experience to help you spend less time troubleshooting storage problems and more time planning for your future storage needs.
- Open IBM Support tickets for a resource and automatically add a log package to the ticket
- Update tickets with a new log package
- View the tickets that are open for a resource
- View the ticket history for a resource
Additionally, IBM Support has read-only access to diagnostic information about monitored storage systems, so they can help troubleshoot and resolve problems.
The Call Home feature transmits operational and event-related data about your storage to IBM Storage Insights through a Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) server connection. These events are shown in the Notifications dashboard in real time, so you can be aware of hardware failures and potentially serious configuration or environmental issues when they occur.
Data collection and monitoring
Track the availability, capacity, and performance of the storage that your organization consumes by deploying a lightweight data collector to monitor resources. When problems occur, you'll also be able to add log packages to tickets and upload them automatically to ensure IBM Support has the information it needs to help.
Your storage inventory, at a glance
The dashboard presents you with a single-pane view of the current state of the capacity, performance, and health of your storage environment.
- The name of the storage system
- The number of nodes and enclosures
- The number of error and warning conditions that were detected
- Key performance and capacity metrics
Use the table view of the dashboard to evaluate the current state of capacity across your block storage systems. You can also assess the status of the storage systems and access configuration information.
You can create customized dashboards to selectively monitor particular storage systems in your environment. Use the Notifications dashboard to quickly view and sort the latest Call Home events that were detected on your IBM block storage systems. Simply click an event to view more details about it.
Use the Switches and Fabrics operations dashboards to get a single-pane view of the health and performance of switches and fabrics.
Use the Resources menu to see inventory information about your block storage systems, fabrics, and switches. Double-click a resource for more details. You can also add resources for monitoring.
Customizing your experience
With so much information that is available to you in IBM Storage Insights, being able to customize dashboards to show the key information and events that you care about are critical to helping you identify where and when problems occur.
Unlocking the full potential of IBM Storage Insights Pro
- A more comprehensive view of the performance, capacity, and health of not only your IBM block storage devices, but also your non-IBM block storage devices such as Dell EMC Unity, NetApp, and Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform.
- Support for monitoring IBM file, object, software-defined storage (SDS) systems.
- A more comprehensive view of the performance and health of your switches and fabrics.
- Access to features like intelligent capacity planning, storage reclamation, storage tiering, and advanced performance metrics to help you reduce costs and optimize your data center.
IBM Storage Insights Pro might be the answer. It's the capacity-based, subscription version of the cloud-based monitoring solution and includes all the features of IBM Storage Insights, plus all the advanced features listed above!