Updates and maintenance for IBM Storage Insights
IBM® Storage Insights is an IBM Cloud®™ service. Because it's a cloud service, IBM manages and upgrades the service for you. Learn about what to expect during maintenance updates and service outages.
What are planned updates
- Frequency: About 4 times per year
- How you're notified: An email is sent and a notification is displayed in the GUI.
Planned updates occur about four times per year or once per quarter. You'll be notified of the dates and times for each update in advance so you know when new features and enhancements are being added. To reduce the business impact of scheduled maintenance, the update occurs during non-business hours.
If any issues occur during the upgrade, you'll be notified promptly.
In cases where IBM Storage Insights becomes temporarily unavailable, rest assured that the IBM team is working hard to bring the service back online quickly.
IBM is always adding new features and updating the infrastructure, security, and stability of IBM Storage Insights to improve your experience. Enhanced analytics, troubleshooting capabilities, more efficient data collection, and general fixes are built in to every update, so your experience is better and the IBM Support team can assist you more effectively.
In addition to the built-in updates, key features are added to improve the monitoring and support of IBM Storage Insights as a storage management service. To view descriptions of the new features and learn how you can benefit from the enhanced features, check out the what's new information that is provided with every update.
Is there any other impact
When the update to IBM Storage Insights is complete, data collection resumes sending metadata to IBM Storage Insights automatically. The data collectors continue to collect performance metadata when your instance of IBM Storage Insights is offline during service outages where there was no upgrade to the data collectors.
If automatic upgrades are enabled, your data collectors are upgraded.
- From the menu, click .
- Click Upgrade All.
If you encounter issues and can't upgrade the data collectors, you might have to download and install the latest version of the data collector. For more information, see Resolving upgrading issues.
- Open a support ticket on the IBM Support portal at https://www.ibm.com/mysupport/, for problems with the update or service.
- Connect directly with experts in the IBM Storage Community.Tip: Be sure to join the IBM Storage Community so that you can automatically receive notifications about the latest blogs, discussions, and other updates for IBM Storage Insights.
See Getting support.
- IBM Cloud Service Agreement
- IBM Storage Insights Service Description
- IBM Storage Insights Pro Service Description