Enabling reclaim space operation using ReclaimSpaceJob
ReclaimSpaceJob is a namespaced custom resource designed to invoke
reclaim space operation on the target volume.
About this task
This is a one time method that immediately starts the reclaim space operation. You have to repeat
the creation of
ReclaimSpaceJob CR to repeat the reclaim space operation when
- Create and apply the following custom resource for reclaim space operation:
apiVersion: csiaddons.openshift.io/v1alpha1 kind: ReclaimSpaceJob metadata: name: sample-1 spec: target: persistentVolumeClaim: pvc-1
- Indicates the volume target on which the operation is going to perform.
- Contains a string indicating the name of
- Specifies the maximum number of retries before the reclaim space operation fails. If not specified, default value sets to 6. The maximum and minimum allowed value are 60 and 0.
- Specifies the duration in which the operation might retire relative to the start time. Its value must be a positive integer and unit of time is in seconds. If not specified, the default is set to 600 seconds. The maximum allowed value is 1800.
- Delete the customer resource after completion of the operation.