Validate scan user permissions and configuration
Ensure that the user has the required permissions and configurations for scanning.
You need to ensure that it is possible to use Secure Shell (SSH) to log in to the IBM Spectrum Scale system with the scanning user ID and password.
Run the sudo /usr/lpp/mmfs/bin/mmapplypolicy.
- It exists.
- It is globally accessible by the scan worker nodes.
- The scan user has write permissions to the directory (ownership of the directory is preferred but not mandatory).
id_rsa.pub files in
/opt/ibm/metaocean/data/connections/scale/ directory on the IBM Spectrum®
Discover instance if a specific RSA key pair for
password-less SSH is wanted.
You need to validate if the listed things are installed on the IBM Spectrum Scale node. This node is identified while you are identifying a node in the target IBM Spectrum Scale cluster. The node in the target is identified for use in the IBM Spectrum Discover connection to the GPFS cluster:
- A python2 level of at least Python 2.7.5
- A sufficient level of librarian
- An appropriate level of confluent-Kafka