Dynamic provisioning in Fusion Data Foundation
IBM Storage Fusion Data Foundation is software-defined storage that is optimized for container environments. It runs as an operator on OpenShift Container Platform to provide highly integrated and simplified persistent storage management for containers.
- Block storage for databases.
- Shared file storage for continuous integration, messaging, and data aggregation.
- Object storage for archival, backup, and media storage.
Fusion Data Foundation uses IBM Storage Ceph to provide the file, block, and object storage that backs persistent volumes, and Rook.io to manage and orchestrate provisioning of persistent volumes and claims. NooBaa provides object storage, and its Multicloud Gateway allows object federation across multiple cloud environments (available as a Technology Preview).
- Create a PVC with ReadWriteOnce (RWO) and ReadWriteMany (RWX) access that is based on Ceph RBDs
with volume mode
- Create a PVC with ReadWriteOnce (RWO) access that is based on Ceph RBDs with volume mode
- Create a PVC with ReadWriteOnce (RWO) and ReadWriteMany (RWX) access that is based on CephFS for
The judgment of which driver (RBD or CephFS) to use is based on the entry in the storageclass.yaml file.