Knowing your IBM Storage Fusion user interface
Learn the various key elements of the IBM Storage Fusion user interface for ease of use and navigation.
- Log in to OpenShift® Container Platform using kubeadmin.
- Click Applications icon in the title bar and click IBM Storage Fusion.
- In the IBM Storage Fusion user interface, click Let's get started in the Welcome to IBM Storage Fusion page.
From this Quick start page, you can provide storage for container workloads, backup and restore the applications and control plane data, manage IBM Storage Fusion HCI System hardware, investigate events and open support tickets, upgrade components, deploy hosts on IBM Cloud® Satellite.
- You can do the following tasks from the navigation menu:
- Click Events to view IBM Storage Fusion events. They are Kubernetes native events that include filter-specific labels. For more information about the events page, see Analyzing events in IBM Storage Fusion.
- Click Applications to backup and restore application and its resources. For more information about how to backup and restore applications, see Protecting your applications.
- Click Backup policies to define parameters that are applied to backup jobs. For steps to create new policies or work with existing policies, see Backup policies.
- Click Infrastructure to manage the compute and network for the IBM Storage Fusion HCI System appliance. For more information about compute and network, see Administering the node and Networking overview.
- Click Settings to do the following:
- IBM Storage Fusion
- You can set up encrypted data at rest by connecting to a Security Key Lifecycle Manager. For more information about how to set up encryption, see Configuring encryption for Global Data Platform storage.
- IBM Storage Fusion HCI System
- Enable Call Home and upgrade IBM Storage Fusion HCI System components. For more information about Call Home and upgrade, see Enabling IBM Call Home for IBM Storage Fusion HCI System and Upgrading IBM Storage Fusion HCI System respectively.
- From the applications icon in the title bar, you can quickly navigate to the following consoles by using their
corresponding outbound arrows:
- Click OpenShift console to go to the OpenShift web management console. From the title bar of OpenShift console, click to navigate to IBM Storage Fusion.
- IBM Storage Fusion HCI specific outbound links
- Apart from OpenShift console link, IBM Storage Fusion HCI System has the following additional outbound links:
- Click Prometheus to go to Prometheus console. It is a monitoring solution for storing metrics.
- Click Backup to go to the IBM Spectrum Protect Plus user interface.
- Click Storage to go to the IBM Spectrum Scale ECE user interface.
- Click IBM Cloud to go to IBM Cloud.
- The following details and options are available in the title bar:
- Displays the cluster ID of IBM Storage Fusion.
- Click the help icon on the title bar of the page to do the following tasks:
- Click Open support case to create a support ticket with IBM.
- Click Collect support logs to download support logs.
- Click IBM Documentation to view IBM Documentation for IBM Storage Fusion.
- Click About to know the version of IBM Storage Fusion.
- The bell icon is visible on the IBM Storage Fusion user interface only when any event or alert occurs and is available for the user. You can also click View all events to go the Events page.
- Click the user icon to do the
- View the currently logged in user. Click user to view and manage the profile details of the logged in user.
- Click Logout to log out of the IBM Storage Fusion.Note: To close all open sessions in IBM Storage Fusion, log out of both IBM Storage Fusion UI console and OpenShift Container Platform UI console.