Adding IBM Spectrum Protect data source and initiating scan
Add IBM Spectrum Protect data source before you initiate a scan on the archive data.
About this task
After the retention analytics feature is enabled in the IBM Spectrum® Discover, you can add one, or more IBM Spectrum Protect data sources and initiate a scan. For more information, see Creating an IBM Spectrum Protect data source connection.
Do the following to tag expiry time:
- Log in to the IBM Spectrum Discover GUI.
- Click and go to
- On the Tags tab, click the Add Tag.
- In the New organizational tags window, enter the tag name in the
Name field. For example, enter ExpirationDate, ExpirationDays, or Expiration as a tag name.
- Select Restricted from the tag Type
- A Restricted tag can be anything that describes groups of records, but is restricted to a set of pre-defined values, such as data classification or billing department number.
Enter the expiration values into the Values field and press Enter key to
save each expiration value.
For example, to group all the data that is going to expire by the end of a year, create a tag that is called ‘Expiration Year'. Similarly, to group all the data that is going to expire after few days from now, create a tag that is called ‘ExpirationDays’.Each saved expiration values (date or number of days) are grouped and displayed underneath the Values field. These expiration values are grouped and associated with a custom tag that is created. For example, tag values can be 01-January-2021 for a date-specific expiration or, 1 day, 1 month, and 1 year for days-specific expiration.
The tag name, types, and values are displayed on the Tags tab after you submit the record.Important: You must add all the expected values before you submit the record.
- Go to the Policies tab and click Add policy.
- On the Define page, enter the policy name in the Name field.
- Select AUTOTAG from Policy Type list.
- On the Policy page, enter the values in
- Sample filter input for 30-days from today as expiration period
- mtime > NOW() AND mtime < (NOW() + 30 DAYS) AND platform like 'Spectrum Protect' and state like 'Archive'
- Sample filter input for all data that is going to expire by the end of year 2021
- State in 'Archive' AND mtime between '2021-01-01' and '2021-12-31'
Important: The date in the query must be in the format of 'YYYY-MM-DD'.
- Choose the custom tag created to track the expiration time period from
Tag list. The tag list contains all the custom tags created with their saved tag name, type, and value details created on Tags tab. You can add more than one tag here to tag a policy.
- Choose the expiration value (date or number of day's) from the
Values list. The expiration values that you choose from the Values list are tagged with custom tag that you choose from the Tag list.
For example, if you choose ExpirationDays as custom tag, you can choose the expiration value 30DayExpiration as the number of days for data to expire to tag with the custom tag. Alternatively, if you want to group records by all the data that is going to expire by the end of a year, select the ‘ExpirationYear’ value.
- Schedule the policy to run periodically by using the available schedule options.
- Schedule options
- Verify the policy details on Review page before you submit the
save the policy.
- Sample policy detail on review page as shown
Name: 30DayExpirationPolicy Action id: AUTOTAG Pol filter: mtime > NOW() AND mtime < (NOW() + 30 DAYS) AND platform like '%Spectrum Protect%' and state like '%Archive%' Pol state: active Collections: