Each release offers new functions and improvements. IBM is constantly updating the infrastructure, security, and stability of IBM Spectrum Fusion to improve your experience. Review this information for a high-level summary of the new features and changes in each release.
New features and changes in IBM Spectrum Fusion HCI 2.4
New features and enhancements available in the 2.4 version of IBM Spectrum Fusion HCI.
- New 64-core server (9155-C05)
- IBM Spectrum Fusion HCI introduces the 9155-C05 storage-rich compute node that offers 64 cores of processing power and up to 10x 7.68TB NVMe drives.
- Improvements to Metro sync DR
- Enhancements to Metro sync DR status reports
- Enrollment of multiple applications in DR using a single action
- Support for failover apps from either cluster
New features and changes in IBM Spectrum Fusion 2.4
- IBM Spectrum Fusion deployments
- You can now deploy IBM Spectrum Fusion on IBM Cloud®, Microsoft Azure, or Linux on IBM zSystems. For more information about these deployments, see Deploying IBM Spectrum Fusion.
- Red Hat® OpenShift Data Foundation as a IBM Spectrum Fusion service
- Deploy Red Hat OpenShift Data Foundation through IBM Spectrum Fusion or detect an existing Red Hat OpenShift Data Foundation configuration. For more information about Red Hat OpenShift Data Foundation service and storage configurations, see OpenShift Data Foundation.
- Red Hat OpenShift Data Foundation deployment on IBM Cloud Satellite cluster
- You can add Red Hat OpenShift Data Foundation as an add-on to the IBM Cloud Satellite cluster. For more information about Red Hat OpenShift Data Foundation add-on and storage configurations, see Deploying IBM Cloud Satellite hosts.
- Mirroring IBM Spectrum Fusion images to your enterprise registry
- You can now setup IBM Spectrum Fusion in a restricted network or your private enterprise registry. For more information about mirroring images to your enterprise registry, see Enterprise registry for IBM Spectrum Fusion installation.
New supported product versions in IBM Spectrum Fusion HCI and IBM Spectrum Fusion
- IBM Spectrum Scale 5.1.6
- IBM Spectrum Scale Container Native 5.1.6 for IBM Spectrum Fusion HCI
- IBM® Spectrum Discover 18.104.22.168
- For supported IBM Cloud Paks versions, see IBM Cloud Paks support for IBM Spectrum Fusion.