IBM® Spectrum Fusion HCI is a container-native hybrid cloud data platform for Kubernetes applications on Red Hat® OpenShift® Container Platform. It features an appliance form-factor, hyper-converged infrastructure along with integrated software-defined storage to meet the storage requirements of modern, stateful Kubernetes applications.
Built with a storage platform that includes the essential elements necessary for mission-critical containers and the hybrid cloud, IBM Spectrum Fusion HCI provides a comprehensive infrastructure with compute, networking, and storage resources, including a data platform and global data services for Red Hat OpenShift. IBM Spectrum Fusion software delivers storage services that are necessary for enterprise applications and data-driven Red Hat OpenShift environment. IBM Spectrum Fusion software provides transparent access to container data using software defined storage configured with local disks based on IBM Spectrum Scale ECE .
- Bare-metal deployment of Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform to eliminate performance and cost overhead of hypervisors
- Integrated software-defined cloud-native storage
- Integrated backup and restore of application persistent volumes and metadata to both on-rack and off-rack backup targets
- High performance, low latency NVMe local storage
- Production ready from power-up in as little as 4 hours
- Simple to scale compute and storage in the field
- Single point of contact for support of the complete solution
- Active File Management support with replication of data to other datacenter or public cloud targets
- Integrated infrastructure management experience
- Ability to run VM based workloads along side container-native workloads with OpenShift Virtualization
- Native IBM Cloud Satellite and Red Hat Advanced Cluster Management integration
- Speed development
- Preconfigured infrastructure to develop cloud native applications faster (DevOps).
- Ease operations
- All-in-one solution to simplify management with scalability for future growth (ITOps).
- Hybrid cloud integration
- Improve application collaboration that is connecting data from the data center to the cloud and bringing more application agility. It integrates the data center to public cloud resources.
- Lower cost of infrastructure
- Connects data silos to avoid duplication of data and merges compute and storage to lower infrastructure costs.
- Modernize AI workloads
- Supports GPU accelerated applications with NVIDIA A100 GPU nodes and integrate IBM Cloud Paks to infuse AI across organization.
Supported Cloud Pak deployments: Deploy Cloud Pak for Integration and its components, supported on Spectrum Scale as storage, for an end to end integration of applications. Ensure to have a block size of 1MB and storage permissions set to 777. For more details about Cloud Pak for Integration, see IBM Documentation.
- Application modernization
- Migrate existing applications to OpenShift by running VMs on OpenShift Virtualization while also containerizing applications using the common OpenShift control plane.
- IBM Cloud Satellite integration
- Deployed managed services from IBM Cloud to IBM Spectrum Fusion with ease using an IBM Cloud Satellite integrated experience.