Adding a new simulation
To add a new simulation, complete the procedure:
- From the dashboard, navigate to
.The Simulation page displays.
- Click + to create a new simulation.
- Enter a relevant Simulation Name and provide a date until when
this simulation will be active in the Simulation Until Date field. Note:
- You can select a date from the current date up to a date within six months from the current date.
- The Simulation Until Date must be always greater than the start date of any event.
- Click Add to select an event from the drop-down list to be
simulated. For details to add an event, see Adding a protection group, Adding a node, Editing the storage domain, and Removing a protection group.You can create multiple events in this simulation page.Note: The following options in the Add simulation list are currently unavailable:
- Add View
- Edit Policy
- Edit Protection Group
- Click Run. After a successful run, the simulation is populated in the Simulation dashboard.Note:
- If the simulation fails, the data is not populated and a “Failed” status is displayed. You have an option to rerun the simulation. Currently, a failed simulation cannot be edited before re-run.
- While the simulation execution is in progress, users can navigate out of the simulations interface and revisit the simulation page later.