Configuring manual licensing mode
Configuring the Manual Licensing Mode requires you to download the License Usage Report from the Data Protect cluster and upload it to Data Management. You must also generate the License File in Data Management and upload it to the Data Protect cluster. As these steps require switching between the Data Protect cluster and Data Management, it is recommended that you remain logged in to both the Data Protect cluster and Data Management until you complete the Manual License configuration.
Perform the following steps to configure Manual Licensing:
- Follow the steps in the Choose a Licensing Mode after Cluster Creation section and select Manual Licensing as the Licensing Mode.
- On the Licensing Steps dialog box, click on Download
License Usage Report.
The License Usage Report file or the Audit Report is downloaded to your local. The Audit Report contains details such as cluster ID, timestamp, license usage data, and entitlements.
- To upload the Audit Report, complete the following steps:
- Log in to Data Management and navigate to . The license summary of all clusters connected to Data Management is displayed.
- Click Upload Audit Report.
- In the Upload Audit Report dialog box, upload the Audit Report downloaded at step 2.
- Click Submit.
- To generate the License File, complete the following steps:
- From your Data Protect cluster, navigate to . On the Licensing Steps page, select Copy Cluster ID.
- From Data Management, click Generate
The Generate License File dialog box appears and prompts for the Cluster ID.
- Paste the Cluster ID copied in Step 4 (a) and click Generate.
The License File is downloaded to your local system.
- To upload the License File, complete the following steps:
- From your Data Protect cluster, navigate to .
- On the Licensing Steps page, click Select File.
- Browse to select the License File downloaded at Step 4 (c) and click Upload.