Cluster Capacity Prediction
You can use the Data Management capacity prediction feature to determine when a cluster might run out of space. The prediction is based on the last 12 weeks of storage activity on the cluster.
To use the capacity prediction feature:
- From the dashboard, select a single cluster from the All Clusters navigation menu.
- Select .
- The Capacity Prediction chart is displayed at the bottom of the
Summary tab (only if you have selected a single cluster). Today's date is represented by the vertical line. Actual capacity utilization appears to the left of the vertical line, which is shown as a solid blue line. Predicted capacity utilization appears to the right, shown as a dotted blue line.
- Drag the mouse across the blue line to display the amount of used space and the predicted
amount of utilization at a date in the future. The horizontal lines near the top of the chart show the total cluster capacity and the capacity at 80% and 90% utilization.Tip: The cluster issues the following alerts:
- Alert CE00316002 when the capacity is at 90% utilization (critical).
- Alert CE00502121 when the capacity is at 80% utilization (warning).
- If the chart indicates that the cluster might run out of space soon, consider taking the
following actions to add or reclaim capacity:
- Add more nodes to the cluster.
- Clean up snapshots that are no longer required.
- Archive snapshots to an External Target.
- Configure Cloud Tier to hold rarely used data.
- Change Storage Domains to use Erasure Coding (capacity utilization will be reduced over time).