Example: Find and protect
The following example demonstrates how to find unprotected VMs and protect them by creating a Protection Group.
In the search bar, type
vmand press enter. You can search for any partial name or type an asterisk * wildcard. The Search page is displayed with a list of objects that contain
vmin the name.
- Optionally, refine the list by selecting check boxes from the menu options.
- Under Status, select the Unprotected checkbox.
- Under Type, select the Virtual Machines checkbox. More options are displayed based on the infrastructure that you select.
- Under Virtual Machines, select the VMware checkbox.
The list of objects is automatically updated to display only unprotected VMware VMs.
- Select a VM in the center of the page. Details about the VM are displayed on the right side of the page.
- Click Protect.
- Select Protection Group and click New Job.
- The New Job page is displayed and you can create a job to protect the VM.
- When you are finished configuring the Protection Group, click Protect to create the job and return to the Search page.