The tree map provides a compact, simplified view of the tree that you can use to navigate the tree and select nodes.
To use the tree map window:
- Open the Tree Editor (double-click the tree in the Viewer window).
- From the Tree Editor menus choose:
- The currently selected node is highlighted in both the Tree Model Editor and the tree map window.
- The portion of the tree that is currently in the Tree Model Editor view area is indicated with a red rectangle in the tree map. Right-click and drag the rectangle to change the section of the tree displayed in the view area.
- If you select a node in the tree map that isn't currently in the Tree Editor view area, the view shifts to include the selected node.
- Multiple node selection works the same in the tree map as in the Tree Editor: Ctrl-click to select multiple nodes. You cannot use multiple selection on a parent node and a child/descendant of the same node branch.