With the Tree Editor, you can:
- Hide and show selected tree branches.
- Control display of node content, statistics displayed at node splits, and other information.
- Change node, background, border, chart, and font colors.
- Change font style and size.
- Change tree alignment.
- Select subsets of cases for further analysis based on selected nodes.
- Create and save rules for selecting or scoring cases based on selected nodes.
To edit a tree model:
- Double-click the tree model in the Viewer window.
- From the Edit menu or the right-click pop-up menu choose:
Hiding and Showing Nodes
To hide (collapse) all the child nodes in a branch beneath a parent node:
- Click the minus sign (–) in the small box below the lower right
corner of the parent node.
All nodes beneath the parent node on that branch will be hidden.
To show (expand) the child nodes in a branch beneath a parent node:
- Click the plus sign (+) in the small box below the lower right corner of the parent node.
Note: Hiding the child nodes on a branch is not the same as pruning a tree. If you want a pruned tree, you must request pruning before you create the tree, and pruned branches are not included in the final tree. See the topic Pruning Trees for more information.
Selecting Multiple Nodes
You can select cases, generate scoring and selections rules, and perform other actions based on the currently selected node(s). To select multiple nodes:
- Click a node you want to select.
- Ctrl-click the other nodes you want to select.
You can multiple-select sibling nodes and/or parent nodes in one branch and child nodes in another branch. You cannot, however, use multiple selection on a parent node and a child/descendant of the same node branch.