Runs Test Options (One-Sample Nonparametric Tests)
The runs test is intended for flag fields (categorical fields with only two categories), but can be applied to all fields by using rules for defining the groups.
Define Groups for Categorical Fields. The following options are available:
- There are only 2 categories in the sample performs the runs test using the values found in the sample to define the groups. This option is only applicable to nominal or ordinal fields with only two values; all other categorical fields specified on the Fields tab where this option is used will not be tested.
- Recode data into 2 categories performs the runs test using the specified list of values to define one of the groups. All other values in the sample define the other group. The values in the list do not all need to be present in the sample, but at least one record must be in each group.
Define Cut Point for Continuous Fields. This specifies how groups are defined for continuous fields. The first group is defined as values equal to or less than a cut point.
- Sample median sets the cut point at the sample median.
- Sample mean sets the cut point at the sample mean.
- Custom allows you to specify a value for the cut point.