Customizing TableLook Styles
You can customize a format to fit your specific needs. Almost all aspects of a table can be customized, from the background color to the border styles.
- Double-click the Marital status table.
- From the menus choose:
- Select the style that is closest to the format you want and click Edit Look.
- Click the Cell Formats tab to view the formatting options.
The formatting options include font name, font size, style, and color. Additional options include alignment, text and background colors, and margin sizes.
The Sample window on the right provides a preview of how the formatting changes affect your table. Each area of the table can have different formatting styles. For example, you probably wouldn't want the title to have the same style as the data. To select a table area to edit, you can either choose the area by name in the Area drop-down list, or you can click the area that you want to change in the Sample window.
- Select Data from the Area drop-down list.
- Select a new color from the Background drop-down palette.
- Then select a new text color.
The Sample window shows the new style.
- Click OK to return to the TableLooks dialog box.
You can save your new style, which allows you to apply it to future tables easily.
- Click Save As.
- Navigate to the target directory and enter a name for your new style in the File Name text box.
- Click Save.
- Click OK to apply your changes and return to the Viewer.
The table now contains the custom formatting that you specified.