To design a simulation based on a model file
- From the menus choose:
- Click Select SPSS Model File and click Continue.
- Open the model file.
The model file is an XML file that contains model PMML created from IBM® SPSS® Statistics or IBM SPSS Modeler. See the topic Model tab (simulation) for more information.
- On the Simulation tab (in the Simulation Builder), specify probability distributions for simulated inputs and values for fixed inputs. If the active dataset contains historical data for simulated inputs, click Fit All to automatically determine the distribution that most closely fits the data for each such input as well as determining correlations between them. For each simulated input that is not being fit to historical data, you must explicitly specify a distribution by selecting a distribution type and entering the required parameters.
- Click Run to run the simulation. By default, the simulation plan, specifying the details of the simulation, is saved to the location specified on the Save settings.
The following options are available:
- Modify the location for the saved simulation plan.
- Specify known correlations between simulated inputs.
- Automatically compute a contingency table of associations between categorical inputs and use those associations when data are generated for those inputs.
- Specify sensitivity analysis to investigate the effect of varying the value of a fixed input or varying a distribution parameter for a simulated input.
- Specify advanced options such as setting the maximum number of cases to generate or requesting tail sampling.
- Customize output.
- Save the simulated data to a data file.