Copying output into other applications
Output objects can be copied and pasted into other applications, such as a word-processing program or a spreadsheet. You can paste output in a variety of formats. Depending on the target application and the selected output object(s), some or all of the following formats may be available:
- WMF and EMF metafile format. These formats are available only on Windows operating systems.
- RTF (rich text format)
- Multiple selected objects, text output, and pivot tables can be copied and
pasted in RTF format. For pivot tables, in most applications this means that the tables are pasted
as tables that can then be edited in the other application. Pivot tables that are too wide for the
document width will either be wrapped, scaled down to fit the document width, or left unchanged,
depending on the pivot table options settings. See the topic Pivot Tables options for more information. Notes:
- Microsoft Word may not display extremely wide tables properly.
- Microsoft Office version 16 (or higher) is required when copying and pasting Boxplots and Histograms.
- JPG and PNG image formats.
- Pivot tables and text output can be pasted into a spreadsheet in BIFF format. Numbers in pivot tables retain numeric precision. This format is available only on Windows operating systems.
- Pivot tables and text output can be copied and pasted as text. This process can be useful for applications such as e-mail, where the application can accept or transmit only text.
- Microsoft Office Graphic Object
- Charts that support this format can be copied to Microsoft Office applications and edited in those applications as native Microsoft Office charts. Because of differences between SPSS® Statistics/SPSS Modeler charts and Microsoft Office charts, some features of SPSS Statistics/SPSS Modeler charts are not retained in the copied version. Copying multiple selected charts in Microsoft Office Graphic Object format is not supported.
If the target application supports multiple available formats, it may have a Paste Special menu item that allows you to select the format, or it may automatically display a list of available formats.
Copying and pasting multiple output objects
The following limitations apply when pasting multiple output objects into other applications:
- RTF format
- In most applications, pivot tables are pasted as tables that can be edited in that application. Charts, trees, and model views are pasted as images.
- Metafile and image formats
- All the selected output objects are pasted as a single object in the other application.
- BIFF format
- Charts, trees, and model views are excluded.
You can also use Export output to export multiple output objects to other applications/formats.
You can select one or multiple objects in the Output Viewer, right-click, and select Copy to copy the selected items in all available formats. Alternatively, you can select one or multiple objects in the Output Viewer and select .
You can select an object in the Output Viewer and select Microsoft Office Graphic Object or Image). Note that if Copy as is grayed out or not present for a selected object, this copy format is not available for that particular object.to copy to the most popular formats (for example,