Relationship Map: Options
The Options dialog provides settings that control the relationship map's node and link sizes, layout, link labels, and missing values.
- Node Size
- Nodes represent variables and variable categories. Large nodes represent strong connections; small nodes represent weak connections. The available settings set the Minimum and Maximum node size.
- Link Size
- Links represent the strength of influence between nodes. Thick link lines represent strong influence; thin link lines represent weak influence. The available settings set the Minimum and Maximum link line size.
- The available settings control the relationship map layout orientation.
- When selected, the relationship map displays in a circular pattern with the nodes on the outside edge of the circle, and the link lines inside the circle.
- When selected, an algorithm is used to group together the strongest links. This is intended to highlight strong links using spatial differentiation as well as weighted lines.
- When selected, the relationship map data is represented in a web display that is laid out in a regularly spaced grid pattern.
- Label Links
- Smallest N links
- Adds count labels on the smallest specified N links.
- Largest N links
- Adds count labels on the largest specified N links.
- Discard links below count
- Hides any links with a count less than the specified value.
- Group links
- When selected, the strongest links are grouped together.
- Missing Values
- Controls the treatment of missing values. You can choose to Include or Exclude (the default setting) missing values.
- Exclude Missing
- Exclude cases pairwise
- Cases with no missing values for variables in a group are included. The case may have missing values for variables used in other groups.
- Exclude cases listwise
- Cases with missing values for any variable are excluded from all analyses.
Specifying Relationship Map Options
This feature requires the Statistics Base option.
- From the menus, choose:
- In the Relationship Map dialog, click Options.