Pivoting the Descriptives Table
To assess how the mean of Aflatoxin PPB varies by Corn Yield, you can pivot the Descriptives table to display the statistics that you want.
- In the output window, double-click the Descriptives table to activate it.
- From the Viewer menus choose:
- Select the Statistics element in the Row area.
- Drag the Statistics element to the Layer area.
- Close the Pivoting Trays window.
- Deactivate the table by clicking outside of its boundaries.
According to U.S. law, a yield is unfit for human consumption if aflatoxin exceeds 20 PPB. The pivoted table makes it clear that in these data, only yields 4, 7, and 8 fall below the 20 PPB cutoff.