Advanced xsl:for-each "Pull" Example
This example builds on the basics described in the simple xsl:for-each example.
In addition to selecting and displaying only selected parts of each frequency table in HTML format, this example
- doesn't rely on any localized text;
- always shows both variable names and labels;
- always shows both values and value labels;
- rounds decimal values to integers.
The XSLT stylesheet used in this example is customized_frequency_tables.xsl.
Note: This stylesheet is not designed to work with frequency tables generated with layered split-file processing.
The simple example contained a single XSLT
<template> element. This stylesheet contains multiple
- A main template that selects the table elements from the OXML
- A template that defines the display of variable names and labels
- A template that defines the display of values and value labels
- A template that defines the display of cell values as rounded integers
The following sections explain the different templates used in the stylesheet.