The Percentiles procedure displays tables of percentiles.
- Percentiles Values
- When you select Percentile Values, by default displays the values for the
5th, 10th, 25th, 50th, 75th, 90th, and 95th percentiles. Values of a quantitative variable that
divide the ordered data into groups so that a certain percentage is above and another percentage is below.
- Quartiles (the 25th, 50th, and 75th percentiles) divide the observations into four groups of equal size.
- When you select Custom, enter at least one value to run the analysis. The input values must be a number in the range 0 - 100. Use the Add, Change, and Remove buttons to work with the values in the percentile value list.
- Percentile Method
- By default, the HAVERAGE method is selected for computing percentiles. For details on the methods, see PERCENTILES Subcommand (EXAMINE command).
Obtaining percentile tables
- From the menus choose:
- Select one or more numeric variables and move them onto the Variables field.
- Select Percentile Values to specify values to compute the percentile.
- Select Percentile Method to select the percentile computing method.
- Optionally, you can:
- Click Missing to control the treatment of missing values.
- Click Bootstrap to derive robust estimates of standard errors and confidence intervals for estimates of percentiles.