Creating a New Sample Plan
This feature requires the Complex Samples option.
- From the menus choose:
- Select Design a sample and choose a plan filename to save the sample plan.
- Click Next to continue through the Wizard.
- Optionally, in the Design Variables step, you can define strata, clusters, and input sample weights. After you define these, click Next.
- Optionally, in the Sampling Method step, you can choose
a method for selecting items.
If you select PPS Brewer or PPS Murthy, you can click Finish to draw the sample. Otherwise, click Next and then:
- In the Sample Size step, specify the number or proportion of units to sample.
- You can now click Finish to draw the sample.
Optionally, in further steps you can:
- Choose output variables to save.
- Add a second or third stage to the design.
- Set various selection options, including which stages to draw samples from, the random number seed, and whether to treat user-missing values as valid values of design variables.
- Choose where to save output data.
- Paste your selections as command syntax.