Validate Data Output
Casewise Report. If you have applied any single-variable or cross-variable validation rules, you can request a report that lists validation rule violations for individual cases.
- Minimum Number of Violations. This option specifies the minimum number of rule violations required for a case to be included in the report. Specify a positive integer.
- Maximum Number of Cases. This option specifies the maximum number of cases included in the case report. Specify a positive integer less than or equal to 1000.
Single-Variable Validation Rules. If you have applied any single-variable validation rules, you can choose how to display the results or whether to display them at all.
- Summarize violations by analysis variable. For each analysis variable, this option shows all single-variable validation rules that were violated and the number of values that violated each rule. It also reports the total number of single-variable rule violations for each variable.
- Summarize violations by rule. For each single-variable validation rule, this option reports variables that violated the rule and the number of invalid values per variable. It also reports the total number of values that violated each rule across variables.
Display descriptive statistics for analysis variables. This option allows you to request descriptive statistics for analysis variables. A frequency table is generated for each categorical variable. A table of summary statistics including the mean, standard deviation, minimum, and maximum is generated for the scale variables.
Move cases with validation rule violations to the top of the active dataset. This option moves cases with single-variable or cross-variable rule violations to the top of the active dataset for easy perusal.
How to obtain output
- From the menus choose:
- In the Validate Data dialog box, click the Output tab.