Bivariate Correlations Confidence Interval
The Confidence Interval dialog provides options for the estimation of the confidence intervals. The dialog is available when Pearson, Kendall's tau-b, or Spearman is selected on the Bivariate Correlations dialog.
- Estimate confidence interval of bivariate correlation parameter
- Controls the confidence interval estimation of bivariate correlation
parameter. When selected, confidence interval estimation occurs.
- Confidence interval (%)
- Specifies the confidence level for all confidence intervals produced. Specify a numeric value between 0 and 100. 95 is the default value.
- Pearson Correlation
- The Apply the bias adjustment setting controls whether the bias adjustment is applied. By default, the setting is not selected, which does not take the bias term into consideration. When selected, the bias adjustment to the estimation of the confidence limits is applied. The setting is available when Pearson is selected on the Bivariate Correlations dialog.
- Spearman Correlation
- The setting is available when Spearman is selected on
the Bivariate Correlations dialog and provides options for estimating the Spearman Correlation
variance via the following methods:
- Fieller, Hartley and Pearson
- Bonett and Wright
- Coruso and Cliff
Specifying the confidence interval for Bivariate Correlations
- From the menus
This feature requires the Statistics Base option.
- In the Bivariate Correlations dialog box, click Confidence interval....