General Loglinear Analysis Model
Specify Model. A saturated model contains all main effects and interactions involving factor variables. It does not contain covariate terms. Select Custom to specify only a subset of interactions or to specify factor-by-covariate interactions.
Factors & Covariates. The factors and covariates are listed.
Terms in Model. The model depends on the nature of your data. After selecting Custom, you can select the main effects and interactions that are of interest in your analysis. You must indicate all of the terms to be included in the model.
For the selected factors and covariates:
- Creates the highest-level interaction term of all selected variables. This is the default.
- Main effects
- Creates a main-effects term for each variable selected.
- All 2-way
- Creates all possible two-way interactions of the selected variables.
- All 3-way
- Creates all possible three-way interactions of the selected variables.
- All 4-way
- Creates all possible four-way interactions of the selected variables.
- All 5-way
- Creates all possible five-way interactions of the selected variables.
Specifying Models for General Loglinear Analysis
This feature requires Custom Tables and Advanced Statistics.
- From the menus choose:
- In the General Loglinear Analysis dialog box, click Model.
- In the Model dialog box, select Custom.
- Select one or more factors or covariates or a combination of factors and covariates.
- Select a method for building terms and click the move button.
- Repeat until you have all of the terms you want in the model. Do not use the same term more than once in the model.