Adding and removing fields/variables
You can add new fields/variables to the feature space or remove the ones that are currently displayed.
The Variables palette must be displayed before you can add and remove variables. To display the Variables palette, the Model Viewer must be in Edit mode and a case must be selected in the feature space.
- To put the Model Viewer in Edit mode, from the menus
- Once in Edit Mode, click any case in the feature space.
- To display the Variables palette, from the menus choose:
The Variables palette lists all of the variables in the feature space. The icon next to the variable name indicates the variable's measurement level.
- To temporarily change a variable's measurement level, right click the variable in the variables palette and choose an option.
Variables are added to "zones" in the feature space. To display the zones, start dragging a variable from the Variables palette or select Show zones.
The feature space has zones for the x, y, and z axes.
Moving Variables into Zones
Here are some general rules for and tips for moving variables into zones:
- To move a variable into a zone, click and drag the variable from the Variables palette and drop it into the zone. If you choose Show zones, you can also right-click a zone and select a variable that you want to add to the zone.
- If you drag a variable from the Variables palette to a zone already occupied by another variable, the old variable is replaced with the new.
- If you drag a variable from one zone to a zone already occupied by another variable, the variables swap positions.
- Clicking the X in a zone removes the variable from that zone.
- If there are multiple graphic elements in the visualization, each graphic element can have its own associated variable zones. First select the graphic element.