Viewer - Workbook
Viewing output in Workbook mode bridges the SPSS® Statistics syntax editing ability with a notebook approach that provides an interactive method for running syntax and viewing the corresponding output. Workbook documents (*.spwb) consist of individual paragraphs. The paragraphs contain the output elements (syntax, tables, charts, and so on). Syntax paragraphs provide full syntax edit and run capabilities. Rich text paragraphs provide full rich-text editing capabilities.
Refer to the following introductory video for a brief feature overview:
Each workbook provides options for:
- Browsing results
- Generating and running syntax
- Authoring and editing rich text
- Editing output elements
- Cutting, copying, pasting, and deleting workbook elements
- Undoing and redoing operations
- Showing or hiding selected tables and charts
- Changing the display order of results by moving selected items
- Moving items between the Viewer and other applications
The Workbook consists of five areas:
- Menu bar
- Provides general product functions.
- Provide quick access to commonly used features.
- Navigation pane
- Contains an outline view of the workbook contents.
- Content pane
- Contains the paragraph workspace that contains syntax editors, statistical tables, charts, and text output.
- Status bar
- Provides product status messages.
You can click an item in the outline to go directly to the corresponding item in the workspace. You can click and drag the right border of the outline pane to change the width of the outline pane.
||Creates a new workbook syntax paragraph.|
||Creates a new workbook rich text paragraph.|
||Displays the active dataset. If other datasets are open, you can select them from the drop-down list.|
- Cut, copy, paste, or delete a single syntax or rich text paragraph
- Cut, copy, paste, or delete nodes across different paragraphs
- Production Facility jobs
- The following syntax commands (you must switch to
Classic mode for these commands):
- OUTPUT ACTIVATE
- OUTPUT CLOSE
- OUTPUT DISPLAY
- OUTPUT EXPORT
- OUTPUT MODIFY
- OUTPUT NAME
- OUTPUT NEW
- OUTPUT OPEN
- OUTPUT SAVE
- OMS commands