Export Output saves Viewer output in HTML, text, Word/RTF, Excel, PowerPoint (requires PowerPoint 97 or later), and PDF formats. Charts can also be exported in a number of different graphics formats.
- Make the Viewer the active dialog (click anywhere in the dialog).
- Click the Export button on the toolbar or right-click in the output window and select Export.
- Enter a file name (or prefix for charts) and select an export format.
Objects to Export. You can export all objects in the Viewer, all visible objects, or only selected objects.
Document Type. The available options are:
- Word/RTF (*.doc). Pivot tables are exported as Word tables with all formatting attributes intact (for example, cell borders, font styles, and background colors). Text output is exported as formatted RTF. Charts, tree diagrams, and model views are included in PNG format. Note that Microsoft Word might not display extremely wide tables properly.
- Excel 97-2004 (*.xls)/Excel 2007 and Higher (*.xlsx). Pivot table rows, columns, and cells are exported as Excel rows, columns, and cells, with all formatting attributes intact (for example, cell borders, font styles, and background colors). Text output is exported with all font attributes intact. Each line in the text output is a row in the Excel file, with the entire contents of the line in a single cell. Charts, tree diagrams, and model views are included in PNG format. Output can be exported as Excel 97-2004 or Excel 2007 and higher.
- HTML (*.htm). Pivot tables are exported as HTML tables. Text output is exported as preformatted HTML. Charts, tree diagrams, and model views are embedded in the document in the selected graphic format. A browser compatible with HTML 5 is required for viewing output that is exported in HTML format.
- Portable Document Format (*.pdf). All output is exported as it appears in Print Preview, with all formatting attributes intact.
- Text - Plain/UTF8/UTF16 (*.txt). Text output formats include plain text, UTF-8, and UTF-16. Pivot tables can be exported in tab-separated or space-separated format. All text output is exported in space-separated format. For charts, tree diagrams, and model views, a line is inserted in the text file for each graphic, indicating the image file name.
- None (Graphics Only). Available export formats include: EPS, JPEG, TIFF, PNG, and BMP. On Windows operating systems, EMF (enhanced metafile) format is also available.
Open the containing folder. Opens the folder that contains the files that are created by the export.