Graphboard Detailed Tab
Use the Detailed tab when you know what type of visualization you want to create or when you want to add optional aesthetics, panels, and/or animation to a visualization. For examples, see Graphboard Examples .
- If you selected a visualization type on the Basic tab, it will be displayed. Otherwise, choose one from the drop-down list. For information about the visualization types, see Available Built-in Graphboard Visualization Types .
- To the immediate right of the visualization's thumbnail image are controls for specifying the fields (variables) required for the visualization type. You must specify all of these fields.
- For certain visualizations, you can select a summary statistic. In some cases (such as with bar charts), you can use one of these summary options for the transparency aesthetic. For descriptions of the summary statistics, see Graphboard Basic Tab .
- You can select one or more of the optional aesthetics. These can add dimensionality by allowing you to include other fields in the visualization. For example, you may use a field to vary the size of points in a scatterplot. For more information about optional aesthetics, see Aesthetics, Overlays, Panels, and Animation . Please note that the transparency aesthetic is not supported through scripting.
- If you are creating a map visualization, the Map Files group shows the map file or files that will be used. If there is a default map file, this file is displayed. To change the map file, click Select a Map File to display the Select Maps dialog box. You can also specify the default map file in this dialog box. See the topic Selecting map files for map visualizations for more information.
- You can select one or more of the paneling or animation options. For more information about paneling and animation options, see Aesthetics, Overlays, Panels, and Animation .