Adding Microsoft Azure cloud storage as a backup storage provider
Add Microsoft Azure cloud storage to enable IBM Spectrum Protect Plus to offload data to Microsoft Azure Blob storage.
Before you begin
Ensure that there are cloud storage buckets created for the IBM Spectrum Protect Plus data before you add the cloud storage in the following steps. For information how to create buckets, see Azure documentation.
To add Microsoft Azure cloud storage as backup storage provider, complete the following steps:
- In the navigation pane, click .
- Click Add Cloud.
- From the Provider list, select Microsoft Azure Blob Storage.
Complete the fields in the Cloud Registration pane:
- Enter a meaningful name to help identify the cloud storage.
- Select the endpoint of the cloud storage.
- Use existing key
- Enable to select a previously entered key for the storage, and then select the key from the Select a key list.
- If you do not select this option, complete the following fields to add a key:
- Key name
- Enter a meaningful name to help identify the key.
- Storage Account Name
- Enter the Microsoft Azure access storage account name. This is from the Azure Management Portal.
- Storage Account Shared Key
- Enter the Microsoft Azure key from any one of the key fields in the Azure Management Portal, either key1 or key2.
- Click Get Buckets, and then select a bucket to serve as the offload target.
The cloud storage is added to the cloud servers table.