Generating an API Key for Google Maps
Generate an API Key by using the Google Maps API website.
Before you begin
About this task
An API key is a unique identifier. Each time that you use the Google Maps API, you must include a key, or other credentials, to validate your request. For more information, see the Using the Google Maps APIs related link.
You need a license for Google Maps to enable the triage map to display. For more information, see the Defining Google Maps License Keys related link.
Cúram supports the retrieval of geocodes and the display of addresses with geocodes on Google maps.
- Go to the How do I get a new API key? section of the Google Maps APIs website.
- Select GET A KEY.
- If you are not already logged in, log in to your Google account.
- On the An Enable All Maps and Places APIs/SDKs and Get a Key dialog box, click .
- To accept the Google Maps Terms of Service, click Yes.
Click ENABLE API.
The API key is in the format
- Copy and retain the API key.
- Click DONE.
What to do next