Configuring multi-factor authentication for GUI users
You can configure multi-factor authentication for GUI users who are registered in IBM Cloud® Security Verify repository. All users for whom this feature is enabled are eligible to provide extra authentication credentials that they receive on their registered email address or phone number and log in to the GUI.
- Go to IBM Spectrum Scale GUI. page in the
- Click Additional Authentication.
- Click Configure Multi-Factor Authentication. The Configure Multi-Factor Authentication window appears.
- To enable the GUI for multi-factor authentication,use the GUI ENABLED slider.
- Type the proxy server name and the port number it uses to connect to the GUI in
188.8.131.52:8080Note: It is not mandatory to provide the proxy server name and port number.
- Type your ID that you have used to configure the multi-factor authentication, in the Client ID field.
- Type the hostname that is added in the IBM Security Verify server, in the Tenant name field. For more information, see IBM Security Verify documentation.
- Type the secret information that you have added in the IBM Security Verify server, in the Client secret field.
- Click Test Connection to check whether your selected user is enabled for multi-factor authentication.
- Click Configure to complete the configuration of the multi-factor authentication.