On Windows systems, you can configure and start
the web client by using a wizard that is available in the backup-archive client GUI, or by using
Spectrum Protect and Windows commands.
Choose one of the following methods to configure the Windows web client:
- Start the backup-archive client GUI.
- Select the Help me configure the Web Client check box.
- Click NEXT and follow the wizard instructions to configure the web client
- Set the following options in the dsm.opt file: managedservices
webclient schedule and passwordaccess generate.
- Install the client acceptor service by entering the following
dsmcutil install cad
/name:"TSM CAD" /node:nodename
CAD a name for the service. The default name is TSM Client Acceptor.
nodename is the name of the client node.
is the IBM
/autostart:yes indicates that the client acceptor service is
started when the operating system starts.
Start the service by using the Windows net
- Install the IBM
Spectrum Protect remote-client-agent
service by entering the following command:
dsmcutil install remoteagent
/name:"TSM AGENT" /node:nodename
- TSM AGENT is a name for the remote-client-agent service. The default service
name is TSM Remote Client Agent.
- nodename is the name of the client node.
- password is the IBM
- TSM CAD is the service-partner name. This name must match the service name
that you specified when you installed the client acceptor service. The default name is TSM Client
Do not start the TSM Remote Client Agent service from the net start command. The client acceptor
service starts the remote client agent when it is needed.
view, or by using the
What to do nextAfter you configure the web client, you can use the IBM Spectrum® Protect Operations Center or a browser to backup or restore, or archive or
retrieve, data on a node.