Client options reference
The following sections contain detailed information about each of the IBM Spectrum® Protect processing options.
Information for each option includes the following information:
- A description
- A syntax diagram
- Detailed descriptions of the parameters
- Examples of using the option in the client options file (if applicable)
- Examples of using the option on the command line (if applicable)
Options with a command-line example of Does not apply cannot be used with command line or scheduled commands.
- Do not enclose an option value with single or quotation marks, unless the value is a file
specification that contains spaces or wildcard characters. For example, the following option is not
- All options in the dsm.sys file, except for the defaultserver option, must be placed within a server stanza. A server stanza is a collection of options statements in dsm.sys that begins with a SERVERName option and ends either at the next SERVERName option or the end of the file.