Creates a dynamically scheduled reservation and submits a job to fill the advance reservation when the resources required by the job are available.
Synopsisbrsvsub [-I] [-D duration] [-o] [-q queue_name] [-unit slot] -n job_slots | -unit host -n number_hosts
Specify the requirements of the reservation: user name, reservation duration, type of reservation, queue, and hosts required for the reservation.
- -D duration
- Sets a duration for the reservation in minutes.
- Specifies an interactive job.
- Creates an open advance reservation. A job with an open advance reservation has the advance
reservation property only during the reservation window. After the reservation window closes, the
job becomes a normal job, not subject to termination.
An open reservation prevents jobs from being killed if the reservation window is too small. Instead, the job is suspended and normal scheduling policies apply after the reservation window.
- -m "host_name ... | host_group ..."
- Lists the hosts and groups of hosts that are used for the reservation request. At job
considers the hosts in the specified order.
The hosts can be either local to the cluster or leased from remote clusters.
The number of slots that are specified by the -n job_slots option or the number of hosts that are specified by the -n number_hosts option must be less than or equal to the actual number of hosts that are specified by the -m option.Note: When you use the -m option to specify multiple hosts for the reservation, some hosts might not be selected (for example, because the hosts are exclusive and in closed status).
- -N reservation_name
- Specifies a user-defined reservation name unique in an LSF
cluster. The name is a string of letters, numeric characters, underscores, and dashes. The name must
begin with a letter. The maximum length of the name is 40 characters.If no user-defined reservation name is specified, LSF creates the reservation with a system assigned name in the following form:
If a job already references a reservation with the specified name, an error message is returned: The specified reservation name is referenced by a job.
- -n job_slots or number_hosts
- The number of either job slots or hosts (specified by the -unit option) to
reserve. For a slot-based reservation (-unit slot), the -n
option specifies the total number of job slots to reserve. For host-based reservation
(-unit host), the -n option specifies the total number of
hosts to reserve.
The job_slots or number_hosts value must be less than or equal to the actual number of slots or hosts that are selected by the -m or -R option.
- -q queue_name
- Specifies the queue for the submitted job that uses the dynamically scheduled reservation.
- -R "res_req"
- Selects hosts for the reservation according to the specified resource requirements. Only hosts
that satisfy the resource requirement expression are reserved. The -R option
accepts any valid resource requirement string, but only the select string
If you also specify a host list with the -m option, the -R is not required.
For more information about resource requirement strings, see Specifying resource requirements.
- -u "user_name ..." | "user_group ..."
- A list of users and user groups that have permission to use the dynamically scheduled
The -u "user_name ... | user_group ..." option does not support the @cluster notation for advance reservations on remote clusters.
- -unit [slot|host]
- Specifies whether the reservation is for a number of slots or hosts. By default, if the
-unit option is not specified, the reservation request uses the slot unit by
default.Regardless of whether you use the slot or host unit, the following options are required when used with the brsvsub command:
- The number of slots or hosts to reserve, with the -n option.
- Users or user groups that have permission to use the advance reservation, with the -u option.
- Prints command usage and exits.
brsvsub -D 10 -n 2 -unit host -u user1 Placeholder advance reservation user1#19 is being scheduled by job <28> in the default queue <normal>.
brsvs -l user1#19 RSVID TYPE USER NCPUS RSV_HOSTS TIME_WINDOW user1#19 user user1 0/16 hostA:0/8 4/20/19/3-4/20/19/13 hostB:0/8 Reservation Status: Active Description: job <28> Creator: user1 Reservation Type: CLOSED Resource Unit: Host
brsvjob user1#19 Job <28>, User <user1>, Project <default>, Status <DONE>, Queue <normal>, Comm and <lsfrsv -N user1#19 -D 10 -n 2>, Share group charged </user1>, Job Description <user1#19> Tue Jun 6 21:47:58: Submitted from host <hostA>, CWD </scratch/dev/user1/lsf>, 2 Task(s); RUNLIMIT 11.0 min of hostA Tue Jun 6 21:47:58: Started 2 Task(s) on Host(s) <hostA> <hostB>, Allocated 2 Slot(s) on Host(s) <hostA> <hostB>, Execution Home </home/user1>, Ex ecution CWD </scratch/dev/user1/lsf>; Tue Jun 6 21:47:58: Done successfully. The CPU time used is 0.1 seconds. SCHEDULING PARAMETERS: r15s r1m r15m ut pg io ls it tmp swp mem loadSched - - - - - - - - - - - loadStop - - - - - - - - - - - RESOURCE REQUIREMENT DETAILS: Combined: select[type == local] order[r15s:pg] Effective: select[type == local] order[r15s:pg]